Prinknash / Italian Church

Mike Chester mike at m...
Wed Sep 25 15:20:30 BST 2002

 When I told him that he had
> the biggest steel bell in Britain (and therefore, probably the
world) he immediately offered to sell it to me!

My, admittedly feeble, brain tells me that there i a heavy steel
bell, (in Germany?) in Alan Blair's Heavy Bells List. I cannot
locate a website with this list to check if I am mistaken.

I gather that bell metal is now worth less than £1 per Lb, therefore
I suspect you might need to balance the cost of removing the bell
with the likely scap value it would attract. Based upon this £1.50
might be an attractive offer!

Mike