[Bell Historians] Re: Prinknash / Italian Church

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Wed Sep 25 16:28:23 BST 2002

> I gather that bell metal is now worth less than £1 per Lb, therefore
> I suspect you might need to balance the cost of removing the bell
> with the likely scap value it would attract. Based upon this £1.50
> might be an attractive offer!

Last I heard (admittedly quite a while ago) cast iron was selling for about
£7 per ton, so (assuming cast steel is roughly similar) when you take into
account the difficulty of removing it perhaps you should suggest that they
should pay you to remove it!