[Bell Historians] Bell Historians home page

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Wed Apr 16 10:47:31 BST 2003

So what is your nominated picture then Mark?

If David wants a York perspective, then I guess the most historic picture he
could find maybe of some of the Spurriergate bells?

DrL (yet to give my submission to this competitionette)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Humphreys [mailto:mark.humphreys at b...]
Sent: 16 April 2003 10:19
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Bell Historians home page

It being the largest doesn't make it particularly historic. Is
Liverpool Cathedral an historic ring? Only in the short term. What
about Taylor's first true-harmonic ring? Or the oldest bell still in
regular use? Or the site of the first ever recorded peal? Or the
tower with the first octave cast as such? An endless list - maybe we
should have a rota of pictures :)

Mark

Taylor's
> largest true-harmonic ring, I think the bell is historic. It also
> happens to
> be the tenor at my home tower, and I've no plans to change it for
another
> photo at present.
>
> David

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.