Warner Borders / facsimile inscriptions

DJ Bryant djb122 at y...
Fri Apr 25 21:03:36 BST 2003

I inspected an 1880s Warner ring today, and they all had borders of
leaves on them. Do these borders have a name?

I was surprised to see that one of the bells had the founder's mark from
its predecessor reproduced in facsimile, with the remainder of the
inscription reproduced in Warner's lettering. When did they start
reproducing in facsimile? And on a similar note, when are the first
known instances of Whitechapel and Taylor's reproducing inscriptions in
facsimile?