[Bell Historians] Baldersby

DAVIESM at G... DAVIESM at G...
Thu Aug 21 09:45:36 BST 2003

>>I recall reading somewhere details of a few 720s of Minor (1 on 2-7 and
one on 1, 3-7) which were rung on the bells. DOes anybody have details? <<

I'm pretty sure the details are in a RW article printed sometime in 2000.
>From memory I think one 720 was rung on or close to the dedication and the
other about 10 years after bells were installed. I think the RW article
also descibes the installation of the new chiming gear.

When I first arrived in N Yorks (10 years ago) the tower was in a
dreadful state - plenty of bird infestation (you could hear the birds in
the spire from outside) and many of the louvres were missing or in a
dangerous condition. These problems were sorted out during the millennium
restoration when the new chiming apparatus was added and the installation
tidied and made safe.

Martin

Martin Davies
Italik Limited

Phone : 01943 854000
Fax : 01943 854001
http://www.italik.co.uk

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely
for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee,
you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify us as soon as
possible.