Baldersby

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Sun Aug 24 20:58:14 BST 2003

I was wondering what the restoration work at Baldersby involved- As
I undertand it, the bells are now electrically chimed, but I seem to
recall Martin Hough found there was an Ellacombe apparatus in the
tower on his visit there.
Is the Ellacombe apparatus still servicable?
Also how practical would it be to hang the bells(even if it was only
the front four) for Veronese style full circle ringing?
Also, the four at nearby Topcliffe are unringable-I have heard that
the tower was the main concern, but what sort of state are they in
and whom are the bells by?
Thanks
Alan