[Bell Historians] Ebbw Vale

Andrew Bull a.bull at s...
Fri Dec 12 14:23:42 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

I'm afraid we don't keep QP records, and even Alan Buswell's database only
goes back to around 1966. The only way of finding out would be to trawl
through the RWs of the time.

As as footnote, in June 1962 the infamous Tudor Edwards turned Ebbw Vale
tenor in to a peal of Yorkshire in 2-59 - surely a waste of such excellent
bells!

Andrew Bull

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Wilby [mailto:andrew at w...]
Sent: 12 December 2003 14:07
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Ebbw Vale

Having consulted another member of the touring party of 1968 who confirms
the story we think it was a quarter peal.
That would fit with APC's habits and inclinations at the time.

Are the QP records available?

I would hate to think that ,not only were we gullible in believing George
Thoday, but APC was pulling everyones leg as well.

andrew