[Bell Historians] Re: Obscure questions of the week

ian johnson ian at i...
Wed Jan 8 21:51:38 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

WBF headstocks and Liverpool
Alan Hughes told me a couple of years ago that his Grandfather always admir=
ed the Warner headstock design but would not consider copying it till after=
thier demise. As the Liverpool bells were cast in 1938 - 39 could the he=
adstocks date from that time. Is there a date on the headstocks?
Ian Johnson
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 9:45 AM
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Re: Obscure questions of the week

Matthew wrote:

The two trebles at North Bradley are also fitted with the new pattern
stock,=20
they were cast in 1949 and hung the following year. Maybe these were=20
prototypes?

Hmm. The heavy six at Hutton Cranswich (1947) all have the new pattern
stocks. Surely they wouldn't be using prototypes of a whole ring this
early before the type was introduced. Perhaps it was only the larger
patterns they had to make in 1951. Another example I can think of is St
George Colegate, Norwich, where bells 4 and 6 have fabricated canon
retainers and the others the mark II cast iron stocks. The installation
is of 1950.

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20