[Bell Historians] Re: Obscure questions of the week

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Fri Jan 10 10:51:43 GMT 2003

So the photo was Gillett's "Trophy" then?! I'll
update the 12s site.

I was at Croydon (both) last Saturday - there is an
interesting scrap-book at St John's with photographs
of the old 8 being removed and the installation work
of the new 12. I noticed that the tenor had a
headstock looking distinctly like a Taylor stock
whereas the others have more usual webbed stocks.
I've got a feeling that the tenor at St Mary's
Nottingham has a similar stock too - is this right
GAD?

Why is this?

The cast iron stock on the old tenor more likely

=====