[Bell Historians] Elphick on Whitechapel

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Mon Jan 13 11:28:01 GMT 2003

In a message dated 13/01/2003 11:23:08 GMT Standard Time, djb122 at y...
writes:

> I do remember that I though the extra treble was a poor match
> to the others, though.

I disagree, it is a very strange sounding bell, but a very good match for the
others. As far as the achoustics go, I don't think they have optimised
anything everything is open to the massive spire above. The light ten are
probably easier to hear because they're not drowned out by the bigger
growlers!

I think they're a good ring, but all that hum would drive me crazy after too
long!

Matthew