[Bell Historians] St. Mary's, Oatlands Park, Surrey

editor at r... editor at r...
Mon Jan 13 17:54:41 GMT 2003

Thanks Chris - that's interesting. I was not aware that the Durbar had
originally been conceived with Edward VII in mind.

It would be fascinating to know who commissioned (and was going to pay for)
the bells and what detailed plans, if any, were drawn up for their use in
Delhi. Would they have been given a permanent home there? How were they to
be hung and rung?

A nice little research project for someone and it would doubtless make good
copy for the RW too!

Robert