[Bell Historians] Oldest bell in the UK

jimhedgcock <jameshedgcock@h...> jameshedgcock at h...
Thu Jan 16 19:31:22 GMT 2003

-Many years ago I went on a ringing tour in Yorkshire. At one church
there was a bell on display that was supposed to have come from
Fountains Abbey. I well remember convincing a very gullible young
man that I had rung a peal on it. He is now an esteemed member of
the Whitechapel Bell Foundry - I believe. He may also remember a
magazine being taken from him because he was deemed too young to be
viewing such items.

-- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "LOVE, Dickon" <DrLove at s...>