Mirfield

Simon Farrar simon at m...
Thu Jan 30 14:54:00 GMT 2003

>I believe that Mirfield are all Taylor 1869. They are in a good,
>large stone tower which should enhance their sound. I don't think
>that they are the worst ten. Hampstead were, but there are any
>number of contenders now!!!- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike

A friend of mine, the late Rev Neil Sheard, came from near Mirfield. He
could be really quite offensive about the bells. Having rung there I have
to agree with him.
Weren't Hampstead taken out a long time ago? The church they were in has a
fairly solid looking tower, but in general the building is now looking
very neglected.
I'll be interested to know how they get on with the new heavy 8 in
Hampstead. The church is in a hollow with plenty of nearby buildings at
louvre height. Teaching a new band on those bells will be rather
challenging I suspect. Sound control will be challenging too!