[Bell Historians] Charlynch, a lost ring.

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Tue Jul 1 16:21:05 BST 2003

In a message dated 01/07/2003 16:18:26 GMT Daylight Time, rodbic at n...
writes:

> Charlynch: The church was sold off as a house sometime, I think, in
> the
> 1980s. The bells were disposed of as follows:
>
> 1: West Monkton: treble of eight.

One slight correction - this bell provided metal for the treble of 8 at West
Monkton. The two trebles at WM are both modern Whitechapel bells - the
original Charlyinch bell being deemed to weak (tonally).

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,
Jasmine Cottage,