[Bell Historians] Charlynch, a lost ring.

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Jul 1 17:41:44 BST 2003

Don't have full details to hand, but I wrote a letter about them in the RW three or four years ago with the information. What I can remember is annotated below. I believe the church is now a house.

David

> 1: West Monkton: treble of eight.

Actually, recast as treble of 8 by Whitechapel - it was an L&J bell, 1919 I think.

> 2. Staple Fitzpaine: treble of six.

yes, by Bayley of Bridgwater, 17-something.

> 3. Iceland.

A church in Rejekavik - Pre-Reformation bell.

> 4. Penselwood: tenor of six.

Yes - also pre-Reformation

> 5. Woolavington: metal provided two trebles of eight.

Yes. Trebles of 8 by Whitechapel. The old bell was L&J 1860 (?)

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.