[Bell Historians] Charlynch, a lost ring.

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Jul 1 21:47:53 BST 2003

> The other lost five is Brewham (Lost in the 1650's?). I am not sure what
> happened here but I gather the story is well documented in the Church. I must call
> by there one day.

Don't have full details, but I believe they were derelict and two were rehung for chiming, with the other three being sold for scrap to offset the cost. I think it is 1&2/5 which remain, and the tenor was about 11 cwt.

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.