[Bell Historians] New topic (soundweld)

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Wed Jul 2 11:55:26 BST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:david at b...]
Sent: 02 July 2003 11:50
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] New topic (soundweld)

A new topic!

Soundweld would like to know what has happened to the bells listed below. I
gather they quoted for welding them, but as yet have not done so. The only
one I've been able to tell them about is the old back two at Preston, which
were scrapped (but does anyone know who they were sold to as scrap?). If
anyone can shed light on any of the others please do - keep the discussion
on the list and I'll email them any results in a few days' time.

David

-Devizes

Which bell from Devizes? One of the trebles from Devizes St John was found
to have a crack when they were rehung, I think in 1997, and I was under the
impresson that it had been welded.

Anne Willis