[Bell Historians] Re: SoundWeld

ian johnson ian at i...
Wed Jul 2 21:30:14 BST 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

>From the bellfoundry report on Boroughbridge.
"The Tenor may be cracked. From a visual inspection under difficult conditi=
ons, there appears to be a fine crack radiating from the cast in crown stap=
le and stretching for a distance of some 5 to 6 inches from the centre of t=
he bell. This fine crack may only be observed on the inside of the bell. Th=
e tone of the bell appears unaffected."

As for Middlesmoor
No cracks were found when the bells were rehung.=20

Yours Ian
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: SoundWeld

> >>Tenor bell from St Mary's Church, Boroughbridge, Yorks. >>
> Restoration project in hand so SoundWeld may hear about this in the nea=
r future. However I haven't heard any mention of Soundweld in relation to =
the
> current plans

Is the tenor cracked?

> >>St Chad Church, Middlesmoor, N Yorks. <<
> These were restored last year including rehang and tuning by Whitechape=
l.

Was one of the bells welded? It might be feasible that a bell was sent to=
Soundweld but they didn't know where it was from.

_
Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Bes=
t Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20