[Bell Historians] Re: Chime and chime again

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Thu Jul 24 08:45:05 BST 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

I think there is a good argument for mentioning them in county books - in
the same way that Dove included chimes, tubes etc. - at least you know what
is there. However one could hardly condemn someone for not including them!
Andrew
I have heard the synthetic chime near Moor Street, but can't add any more
to what has been said. Semi-serious question for the list, though - should
synthetic bells be included in county books and surveys? Am inclined to
think "yes", if only to let people know that they aren't real bells - but
one wonders how long they'll last. There is one other set in Birmingham -
and for information on this I'm indebted to DLC.

Chris P