[Bell Historians] Re: Chime and chime again

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Jul 23 18:45:15 BST 2003

CJP wrote:

"Semi-serious question for the list, though - should synthetic bells be
included in county books and surveys?"

That seems sensible to me. I was on a ringing outing today, and on the way
to ring at Bentley (a suburb of Doncaster) we walked past an RC church with
an open turret with loudspeakers. A funeral procession was just coming out
of the church, accompanied by a sound like scaffolding poles being clashed
together from the speakers. Honestly, I think silence would have been far
more appropriate.