Yorkshire Tales

jim phillips jim at p...
Thu Jun 5 19:47:29 BST 2003

>While on the round-up, I thought it a bit of a pity JC didn't pick up a bit
>more on the significance of the Leeds handbells and the legal issues (grist
>to his mill) of alienated church property.

What is the legal position where handbells have been stolen or
misappropiated and then turn up
many years later at an auction or in an antique dealers shop? Will it be
possible for a list to be drawn up of missing sets of handbells
(distinguishing marks and details)? This would be particularly relevant to
sets of handbells of historic significance.