[Bell Historians] my town hall

Michael Childs mtchilds at y...
Fri Jun 6 18:49:24 BST 2003

Thanks Chris, what a fountain of knowledge you are (or
what a great Taylor and G&J Catalogues you have!)

I think Christ Church in Ilkley is joint URC and
Methodist. I must go up there one day and inspect it,
as well as the single bell at Burley in Wharfedale,
which is rumoured to be G&J bell.

So how about moving on to bells in URC and Methodist
churches? I have chimed on the 12 (10 + 2 semitones)
at the Methodist Church in Alfreton, Derbyshire, which
are very pleasant, Taylor 1929.
Anybody else have any Methodist/URC "grabs" to report?

Michael

Happen to have this one too. Yes, Ilkley is a Taylor

=====