[Bell Historians] Curfew (was Re: The Tellers)

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Wed Jun 25 09:57:21 BST 2003

"I am still trying to get an estimate of the number of church towers which
still *manually* ring a curfew. I suspect that it must be less than a
dozen?"

You can add St Peter's, Sandwich to your list. The ring of 8 is unringable
except for the tenor. This is rung every day as a curfew bell. Each day, a
different member of the company of "ringers" (actually most of them are not
ringers) go up and ring or chime the bell.

DrL