[Bell Historians] Curfew

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Jun 25 11:05:30 BST 2003

> I think that you can also add Stratford on Avon where - since its restoration by Taylors in 1992 - the magnficent great bell at the Guild Chapel (Holy Cross) rings out at 8pm every evening. The present bell (27-3-2 in D) was cast by Hugh Watts II of Leicester in 1633. It is swung by electric motor.

The Spurriergate Centre in York has a small Taylor Curfew bell of just under 4 cwt hung for slow swinging. It used to swing at 8 am and 8 pm every day, but at present the swinging mecahnism is knackered. I've applied for funding to restore it to working order.

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.