[Bell Historians] Re: Crathie,

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Wed Mar 12 09:54:12 GMT 2003

I understand that Sandringham has a ring of three
already.

--- Ron Johnston <R.Johnston at b...> wrote:
---------------------------------

How about augmentiung them to a ring to commemorate
the queen mum?
Pity nothing was done (or was it) to get bells at
Sandringham for the
jubilee - perhaps for the necxt royal demise?

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:08:02 -0000 Mike Chester
<mike at m...> wrote:

> > Has anyone any info on "the peal of four bells" at
Crathie Kirk
> (which
> > is frequently used by members of the royal family?
>
> A little,
>
> The present church was built in 1895 to replace the
building of 1804,
> and its foundation stone was laid in 1893 by the
Queen. In style it
> is gothic, although it has some Norman features. The
tower houses
> four bells gifted by Queen Victoria's daughter,
Princess Beatrice.

> From the Scotland at Prayer websitre
>
> Mike
>

> This message was sent to you via the Bell
Historians' Mailing List. To unsubscribe from the list
send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

-------------------
Ron Johnston
School of Geographical Sciences,
University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1SS
0117 928 9116 (FAX 0117 928 7878)
r.johnston at b...

* This e-mail message was sent with Execmail V5.0 *

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com

Terms of Service.

=====