[Bell Historians] (unknown)

David Cawley dave at d...
Fri Mar 14 14:00:38 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

I once went to take a leak in a Midlands Rectory and, looking just above me=
I observed a fine iron cistern complete with Royal Arms with JOHN WARNER &=
SONS, SANITARY ENGINEERS TO HER MAJESTY. PATENT., which made me go quite w=
eak at the knees (perhaps I should have genuflected). Next year when I was =
there, it had been removed without trace. Should have been listed by the CC=
C.

DLC=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: djb122uk=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] (unknown)

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, <zen16073 at z...> wrote:
> I found an advert for Warners in the Clergy List for 1856.=20=20
Apparently they made sheep bells too, which seems odd for a London=20
foundry. I had always thought that such bells were made locally until=20
the fashion for nails suspended in tin cans took on.

I recently saw a framed copy of a Warner advertisement (given to David=20
Potter by the inimitable Mr Pladdys), and this advertised various=20
wares which they made. Toilets and 'plumbers cocks' featured, amongst=20
other items!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20