Llewellins and James

Alan Furse alfurse at h...
Mon Mar 17 10:51:19 GMT 2003

The Teignmouth Bells Project

This project is aiming to raise the necessary funds to re-hang the eight
Llewellins and James bells (1897) at St. Michael's, Teignmouth. The
background to this can be appreciated from our website at
www.teignmouthbellproject.co.uk.
We have been told that there are only a very few complete rings of eight L &
J bells still in existence and even fewer which, like ours, still have their
cannons and are in 'as cast' state.Does anyone know of others?
Does anyone know where the foundry was in Bristol ?

Alan Furse