[Bell Historians] Glastonbury

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Thu Mar 20 14:56:46 GMT 2003

Just looked to see what notes I have on Glastonbury. There is an informative
article on the remodelling of the bells from the RW of 15th Oct 1993, and a
note which I transcribed from the 'hundred years ago' column of the Western
Gazette of Friday 29th December 1972. This may be of interest to those who
study L&J bells, and runs as follows:

"Glastonbury
Messrs Llewellin (sic) and James, of Bristol, have just cast two large bells
for the parish church. their weights are respectively 14 cwt and 22 cwt, the
smaller of the two being a maiden bell."