potential virus warning
alfurse at h...
Sat Mar 22 09:31:49 GMT 2003
To everyone in my address book
A potential virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My address book has
in turn been infected. Since you are in my address book there is a good
chance that you will find it in your computer also. I am told that the virus
(called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or Macafee anti-virus
systems. This virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging your system. It
is sent automatically by messenger or the address book whether or not you
send e-mails to the contacts in your address book. Here is how to check for
the virus and get rid of it. It only takes a minute or two but could save
you a lot of headaches later on.
1. Go to START then go to find/search option
2. In the file/folder option type in the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C drive and all subfolders and other drives
4. Click find now
5. The virus has a grey teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe on it. DO
6. Go to edit on the menu bar and choose 'select all' to highlight the file
without opening it
7. Now go to file on the menu bar and select 'delete'. It will then go to
your Recycle Bin
8. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it as well.
IF YOU FIND THIS VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT ALSO IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS
TO DO THIS:
1. Open a new e-mail message
2. Click the icon for address book next to the To
3. Highlight every name and add to BCC
4. Copy this entire message enter subject and paste to e-mail and send
REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO DO THIS QUICKLY
My contact apologizes for the nuisance that this brings - but it is better
to be safe than sorry.
PS - when I checked the above I did find it on my computer and erased it as
set out above.
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*
More information about the Bell-historians