[Bell Historians] Light rings, Avebury continued.

David Cawley dave at d...
Sat Mar 22 23:24:43 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

The point being made had nothing to do with the difficulties or otherwise o=
f teaching people to ring on heavy bells. There are other websites for thi=
s. The original point raised by CD arose from the historic aspects of the =
lamented loss of Glastonbury's heavy eight and its replacement with an 'ord=
inary' lighter one and relating it to the the loss of a historic ring and i=
nstallation in a church in a World Heritage Site.

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: A Willis=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 7:59 PM
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Light rings, Avebury continued.

=20=20=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Powney [mailto:dennis.powney at l...]
Sent: 21 March 2003 18:54
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com

O.K. So several of you have taught youngsters to ring on heavy bells. =
=20
But that was only half of my comment, I also mentioned the Avebury rin=
gers at the other end of the scale.=20=20
I wonder how many local persons, that have passed the age of collecting=
the National Old Age Pension, have been taught to ring at Chewton Mendip, =
for instance, in the past fifteen years ?=20=20

At Holy Trinity, Bradford (nearly 30cwt) we recently taught a sixty-yea=
r old to ring. But then he does have some light relief at Christ Church (12=
cwt-ish) every other week.
[A Willis]=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To =
unsubscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoo=
groups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20