[Bell Historians] Re: Old Ropes

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Thu Mar 27 15:50:11 GMT 2003

I seem to remember a rope at St Mary de Castro, Leicester (about 12 years
ago) which had been bought for St John the Divine in the 1960's and was
reused at SMDC after the bells had been moved to Peterborough. The rope had
not needed to be spliced (Info from Kingsley Mason).

The recently replaced set of ropes at Chewton Mendip rang 1 million recorded
changes - several had been spliced.

The original set of ropes supplied to Pig-le-Tower, Marston Bigot in 1995 had
2 million recorded changes rung on them. They're still going strong as my
spare set!

Matthew