Appleton

andrewmbull a.bull at s...
Tue May 6 12:07:00 BST 2003

I'm currently working on a summary list for Oxfordshire towers, to
add to the county lists I've already put on the site. Much of the
inforation is taken from Sharpe's Oxfordshire, but these's been
plenty of changes since the book was published. I've been able to
update quite a lot of the towers, but if anyone has details of any
Oxfordshire restorations of the last 50 years, let me know and I'll
send you what I have so far. One I'm particularly keen to crack is
the current details of the light ten at St Laurence, Appleton. These
bells were rehung by Whites and retuned at Whitechapel in the late
1970s, but the details have never been up in the tower whenever I've
been there. An email to White's got no response, we all know how
Whitechapel respond to such enquiries these days, and not even CJP
was able to help with this one. Does anyone have the current weights
of Appleton?

Andrew Bull