Bootle / old Dove

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Tue May 20 12:00:41 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "jimhedgcock"
<jameshedgcock at h...> wrote:

> 13cwt.
>
> I rang there several times in the early 1960's and remember them
> being better than some of the 'conventional' bells in the area.
Bob
> Dennis' father was the Vicar. Haven't been to ring on them in
their
> new home, but the comments I have heard about the octave are not
> good.

As someone who has no connection with the Merseyside Bell
Restoration Group, I have to say that I was impressed with the back
six at Hale, and I liked the entire eight when I rang on them.
The people concerned with the restoration project did very well with
what they had to work with and I understand they had a very small
budget. The bell Restoration group acheived what they set out to do-
restore a set of steel bells that were in a scrapyard and hang them
in a bell-less church. What the pre fire Dobson six were like, I
have no idea

Alan