[Bell Historians] Lincoln Cathedral

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Thu May 22 11:43:10 BST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:djb122 at y...]
Sent: 22 May 2003 11:27
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Lincoln Cathedral

> On the Chat list I recently made reference to the unique Ringers' Chapel
in
> Lincoln Cathedral. This brought a response that Salisbury also had a
> Ringers' Chapel. I have twice asked this correspondent for evidence and
> have also tried to find this myself without success.

Perhaps it was in the base of the now demolished campanile?

David

Sorry David, the message didn't get through. For some reason I can't access
the Bell Historians site, though messages do come through to me on Outlook.
If you can help, please do.

The Ringers' Chapel in Salisbury Cathedral was a response to the 58 ringers
from the Salisbury Diocesan Guild who were killed in the First World War.
It is on the east side of the south transept, and has a screen, paid for by
the Guild. On it is carved a model of the Guild badge and the words
'This screen was given in memory of fifty-eight members of the Salisbury
Diocesan Guild of Ringers who fell in the War 1914-1918. '
Guild Oficers meet here at least once a year before committee meetings.
AW

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com