[Bell Historians] Lincoln Cathedral

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Thu May 22 11:53:18 BST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: john ketteringham [mailto:john.ketteringham at n...]
Sent: 22 May 2003 10:41
To: Bellhistorians at Yahoogroups.Com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Lincoln Cathedral

On the Chat list I recently made reference to the unique Ringers' Chapel in
Lincoln Cathedral. This brought a response that Salisbury also had a
Ringers' Chapel. I have twice asked this correspondent for evidence and
have also tried to find this myself without success.

Lincoln obviously appreciated its ringers more than Salisbury, unless the
demolished campanile had a chapel, or there was one in the building up at
Old Sarum I have replied on the matter in response to David Bryant's
separate message, but obviously Lincoln has precedence.
AW