[Bell Historians] Dating a Bell

George Dawson George at d...
Fri Nov 7 09:44:48 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

If you tell us where you are I can look it up on the Lists of Bells for Pre=
servation & give you an indication.
GAD
----- Original Message -----=20
From: BILLGJ at a...=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 8:54 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Dating a Bell

A simple question from one who is a tyro:

I would like to date one of our bells - or at least have an idea whether =
it was one of the four in the 1552 Return of Church Goods. (Yes, I am int=
erested in the history as well as the "go" of the bells.)

To give you some background:
The bell has no inscription or other marking, just the wires.
It is long-waisted, still with its cannons
Its date is shown as Unknown in "The Bells of Essex"
One of the other bells is by a known bellfounder (pre-1552),
the rest are dated explicitly (post-1552).

Feasible?
BillGJ

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20