[Bell Historians] Dating a Bell

David Bryant david at b...
Fri Nov 7 10:57:14 GMT 2003

> I would like to date one of our bells - or at least have an idea whether
it
> was one of the four in the 1552 Return of Church Goods. (Yes, I am
interested
> in the history as well as the "go" of the bells.)

Have you got a photo which you could scan and email to the list? It will
quite likely be possible to see from a photo whether it appears to be of
pre-Reformation date.

Where is the bell? You don't mention in your email. If you can supply
details of the church and the bell's position in the ring somebody on this
list may have seen it.