[Bell Historians] 'Jimmy' Groves

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at s...
Thu Nov 13 19:00:22 GMT 2003

Thanks! I've seen photos which showed such stabilizing rods.
However, I wouldn't have expected them to be made of *cast* iron, as
cited in Groves' tender--wrought iron (blacksmith work) would seem to
be a more suitable material. It also seems odd that he didn't
specify which bell would get the stretchers, since he was so precise
in other respects. Or did he supply two "per bell", and just forgot
to include those words?