Enquiry

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Fri Nov 14 09:35:09 GMT 2003

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email. I am copying this message to the Bell Historians
list to see if they can help. I must admit that I have never heard of Lea
and Utley and pretty sure that they are not a firm of bell founders. They
are more likely to be names of donors or owners? Can you tell us anything
more about the history of the bell, i.e. where did it come from, what was is
used for etc. Also, is it made out of bronze or brass?

Regards,
Dickon Love

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Dawson [mailto:ucyljad at u...]
Sent: 14 November 2003 09:11
To: DrLove at s...
Subject: Enquiry

Dear Sir,

I have a small 8" bell which I believe was made in the 1960's and has
inscribed on the inside Lea and Utley 144. I wonder if you could supply
any information about the firm or the bell, or point me in the right
direction to find information.

With thanks

Andy Dawson

J.Andrew Dawson	Telephone	01268561559