[Bell Historians] Terminology

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri Nov 14 21:57:12 GMT 2003

>> > As I wrote, metal rods were fitted to strengthen the wheels, but 
> I suppose
>> > these are called tie-bars.
>> Why not 'wheel braces'?
>> Steve

Quite. C D
> I thought that tie-bars are threaded metal bars used to strengthen
> wooden frames by being added vertically from the top of the frame,
> through the foundation beams and then bolted tight. Am I even more
> confused than usual?
These are tie RODS not bars. C D

More information about the Bell-historians mailing list