[Bell Historians] Hesse & Clapper Springs

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Wed Nov 19 20:19:34 GMT 2003

david at b... writes:

> I thought the model bell and its fittings at South Petherton were by
> Taylor's - 1914 if I remember rigtly. It had a Hastings stay which had been
> broken off.

The bell certainly has something to do with Hesse (can't remember what
exactly - there is a brass plate on it which bears his name and the clapper is
certainly his design.) The bell is indeed cast by Taylors.

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Co Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers.
Jasmine Cottage,