[Bell Historians] Re: Hanley, Staffs

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Oct 21 22:19:52 BST 2003

> There is a photo of the boarded up church at Hanley

> There must be an easier way, but I'm not sufficiently pc literate to
> know better.

The following link will take you straight there:

http://www.staffordshire-peals.co.uk/photograph.asp?town=4500

The English Heritage Buildings at Risk Register gives the following
information:

Name: Church of St John
Street: Town Road
Locality: Hanley
Parish: Stoke on Trent
District / London Borough: N/A
Unitary Authority: Stoke on Trent (UA)
National Park: N/A
County: Staffordshire
Region: West Midlands
Building Grade: II*
Scheduled Ancient Monuments: N
Conservation Area: N
Registered Park / Garden Grade: Not registered
World Heritage Site: No
Condition: Very bad
Occupancy: Vacant
Priority Category: A
New Entry: No
Previous Priority Category: A
Ownership Type: Religious organisation
Contact: John Yates, 0121 625 6846
sometime. Requires various structural repairs. Discussions continuing with
church and potential users on proposals for future of building. Some of the
castellations on the top of the bell tower have been removed for safety
reasons. EH has given emergency works grant for their repair/reinstatement.