[Bell Historians] Whitmore, Staffs.

Richard Hutchings richard.a.hutchings at b...
Tue Oct 28 16:10:59 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

Curiosity gets the better of me again. There are 5 Churches in Haywards Hea=
th. All except one have one or more bells - one bell only hung for ringing.=
So from which vicarage did it come? Presumably not St Wilfrids, which is a=
Rectory. I have done some rope repair/replacement at three of them!

Richard
Although the bell was sold by the vicar of Haywards Heath it appears neve=
r to have been installed in the church. The bell was originally hung at Chr=
ist Church, Newhaven and (I am told) it appears in George Elphick's book of=
Suusex church bells. How it ended up at Haywards Heath vicarage I do not k=
now.
Dave
Dave Kelly
Secretary=20

Keltek Trust - www.keltek.org
Email: bells at k...=20

---

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20