[Bell Historians] heavy tenors

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Tue Oct 28 18:15:14 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Pickford [mailto:c.j.pickford at t...]
Sent: 29 October 2003 01:09
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] heavy tenors

Wasn't doubting the source or the weight - just suggesting that 27-2-13
may not have been a very accurate weighing by modern standards / comparable
with the present weight of the bell. It would be interesting to know what
it weighed when M&S received it for tuning in 1960.

Good to have full details of the contract etc, though - thanks, Anne

CP
[A Willis] There's also a contract with William Bilbie in 1781, the real
thing, not just a copy, signed Willm Bilbie. I have a photo, but it's not
very good, and I don't think it would scan well.

Anne