[Bell Historians] Attachments

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Oct 29 15:24:52 GMT 2003

> -No David. Please DON'T unblock attachments. As far as I can tell, yahoo
has
> never let them appear in digests, and they are now no longer kept in the
> archives. So those of us on digest will never get to see what there was!
As someone
> did suggest, please can anything of real interest be put in the files
section
> via the yahoo web interface.

There are problems with either method. As you say, attachments are removed
from the digest and archive, but not all members have a Yahoo username set
up so they cannot access files on the Yahoo page. I would therefore suggest
that anyone wanting to send an attachment sends it as an attachment (now
enabled again) and, if they can, upload it to the Yahoo files section.

I've just uploaded a file showing South Somercotes lettering, supplied by
John Ketteringham. It's quite large so I haven't sent it as an attachment,
although if anybody wants it email me or John and we can forward it.