[Bell Historians] Turret clock

David Bagley david at r...
Wed Sep 3 18:43:10 BST 2003

What does it say on the dial? The picture isn't clear enough to read the
writing.

Talking of clocks, there is a clock chime in the tower alongside the
Clydebank District Court in Dumbarton Road, Glasgow. I passed it a couple of
times last week, but it was difficult to see what was in the tower other
than a few bells hung for chiming. A quick look in Mike Chester's list did
not find any details. I was just curious to know what there was up the
tower - does anybody know?

David Bagley

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Powney" <dennis.powney at l...>
To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 7:38 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Turret clock

Please can anyone identify the maker of the turret clock that is in the
ringing chamber of St. Nicholas Church, Bromham, Wiltshire, (6 bells, 15 1/2
cwt.) Picture attached. The clock was installed in 1871; it bears no makers
name, or mark. Local records are no help as It was 'paid for by public
subscription'. I am hoping that a 'Bell historian' may also be a 'Clock
historian', or perhaps someone can point me to a Clock Historian Egroup?
Thanks,
Dennis.