[Bell Historians] Lost rings in Hull

David Cawley dave at d...
Fri Sep 12 23:59:35 BST 2003

charset="Windows-1252"

Hull, All Saints Sculcoates: 2-8 received as scrap Oct 1964, treble transfe=
rred (as metal post-1968) to St Wilfred, Harrogate. Tenor 14-0-1 net 1-5 1=
899, 6-8 1884, J Warner & Sons.=20

Hull, St James Myton: sold 1956; some metal reserved, used for casting the=
trebles at Holy Trinity in 1959. T Mears II, 1841. Tenor 14-3-16 (Mears ha=
d said 14-3-22),

I gather that the Sculcoates bells were in ringing order. GAD told me that=
the latter ring was rehung by Mallaby in 1882; ringing stopped c.1912.

DLC

----- Original Message -----=20
From: David & Mary Kelly=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 7:28 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Lost rings in Hull

Does anyone know when Kingston-upon-Hull, E. Yorks, S. James, Myton and K=
ingston-upon-Hull, E. Yorks, All Saints, Sculcoates were removed. I know it=
was before 1970 as I walked from Hull University to Sculcoates to attend t=
he practice (armed with an ancient copy of Dove). No-one else turned up. I =
found out why later that week!

Dave
=20=20=20

---

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20