[Bell Historians] 'Pretty' steel bells (was Layout of information)

Mike Chester mike at m...
Tue Sep 16 10:38:15 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dave at d...>
wrote:
> Possibly not, but there was a pretty full article (including those
quotes) entitled "Colonel Tom and his Cast Steel Bells" a couple of
years ago in the RW

I remember that article, it was very good David!

I also recall that Naylor-Vickers had received some very positive
testimonials about their bells. Were they from tone-deaf incumbents,
or would steel bells have sounded good until they rusted? (Probably
quite a short time!)

Mike