article

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Fri Apr 9 14:05:04 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant" <david at b...>
wrote:
> . Also, if you can think of any good examples of
> any reuse of parts of bells, framework or fittings which I haven't
included
> or have any good photos which you haven't yet sent me I'd be
interested to
> receive them

Not really related to this article, but the church at Halton, nr
Carnfroth, Lancs has three bells- one recast and the inscription band
preserved- bell hung dead with trigger action clapper (Taylor 1950s?).
The inscription band and the other two unhung bells are preserved OUT
OF VIEW of anyone, being housed in the middle chamber of the tower.
Shame that they are out of view of the general public.
Alan