[Bell Historians] BBC looks at CCC

Robert Lewis editor at r...
Thu Apr 22 16:29:43 BST 2004

RW Website Newsflash

BBC looks at CCC Listing Proposals (2004-04-22 15:05:05)
We understand that BBC Television has been filming for a news report on
proposals by the Council for the Care of Churches to revise its listing
criteria for bells (see report in RW p.313). The proposals have been hailed
by some as "the death knell for British bell founding". The BBC has been
talking to leading figures in the industry and has also been interviewing
and filming ringers at Crawley, West Sussex.

We are told that the resultant piece is scheduled to be shown on BBC2
between 8.30 and 9.00 a.m. on this coming Saturday, 24th April and repeated
at intervals during the day thereafter on BBC News 24